Family survives 100 mph crash on Bonneville Salt Flats
WENDOVER, Utah — A crash on the Bonneville Salt Flats sent a family of five to the hospital Sunday night. Police said the family’s Tesla was going over 100 mph at the time of the crash.
A Utah County family had been driving their 2022 Tesla on the salt flats when they hit an earthen berm, which is a mound of compacted earth.
Wendover Police said the family received non-life-threatening injuries and were taken to the University of Utah Hospital.
Police credited seatbelts and airbags for preventing worse injuries.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Coronavirus Prevention
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting