Car crash in West Jordan leaves one man dead
Sep 4, 2022, 4:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:27 am
(John Wojcik, KSL NewsRadio)
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 67-year-old Taylorsville man is dead after a Sunday morning crash.
According to Sargent Brian Schaaf with the West Jordan Police Department, reports of a car accident near 7300 S. Bangerter came in at around 8 a.m.
Schaaf says a medical event could have led to the single-vehicle crash.
“It looks like this driver may have drifted to the left and hit the center barrier, and then off to the right off [of] the road,” he said.
The driver of the vehicle, Schaaf says, was pronounced dead shortly after police arrived on the scene.
The incident caused the southbound lanes to briefly close, but all lanes should now be open.
- Vehicle in West Jordan crashes into shed, driver suffers minor injuries
- Victim in fatal weekend Clearfield crash is identified
- UPDATE: Young brother and sister killed in auto-pedestrian crash in Provo, driver also dead
- School bus driver injured after bus carrying students crashes
- I-80 West closed due to Semi truck crash with fire
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple