School bus driver injured after bus carrying students crashes
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — A Nebo School District school bus carrying 45 Junior High students was involved in an accident on Friday morning.
According to the Department of Public Safety, at approximately 7:37 a.m., the bus was traveling eastbound on State Route 6 near Goshen, Utah.
The bus reportedly drifted off the right shoulder and onto the roadway according to DPS. Then, the driver corrected to the left, crossing all lanes of SR-6 and went off the opposite shoulder.
The vehicle hit a fence before stopping in a field.
First responders transported the bus driver to the hospital in fair condition. One student reported a minor injury but did not need to be taken in for care.
The rest of the students were reportedly uninjured. The cause of the crash is currently under investigation.The Nebo School District contacted parents and made arrangements to take the students to school. For information regarding the students, please contact the Nebo School District.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia