School bus driver injured after bus carrying students crashes
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — A Nebo School District school bus carrying 45 Junior High students was involved in an accident on Friday morning.
According to the Department of Public Safety, at approximately 7:37 a.m., the bus was traveling eastbound on State Route 6 near Goshen, Utah.
The bus reportedly drifted off the right shoulder and onto the roadway according to DPS. Then, the driver corrected to the left, crossing all lanes of SR-6 and went off the opposite shoulder.
The vehicle hit a fence before stopping in a field.
First responders transported the bus driver to the hospital in fair condition. One student reported a minor injury but did not need to be taken in for care.
The rest of the students were reportedly uninjured. The cause of the crash is currently under investigation.The Nebo School District contacted parents and made arrangements to take the students to school. For information regarding the students, please contact the Nebo School District.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Bed Bath & Beyond says it can no longer pay its debts
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols