Teen falls hiking Mount Timpanogos
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah County Sherrif’s office says an 18-year-old girl fell hiking Mount Timpanogos this morning. For several minutes she was unconscious.
As of 11:00 a.m. today the 18-year-old is responsive and talking says Sgt. Spencer Cannon with UCSO.
Ground search and rescue teams are on the scene and a medical helicopter was called.
“Those things can turn so quickly and even end up with tragic outcomes,” Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
@UCSO_SAR spent several hours this morning helping an 18 year old woman off Mt. Timp after she fainted, hit her head, and was knocked unconscious. @Intermountain LifeFlight assisted and the woman was treated and released. This was SAR call #7 (now 8 total calls) from Fri-Mon.
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) September 6, 2022
- 22-year-old man dies after fall in Neffs Canyon
- Two shot, two in custody after shootings at Utah Lake
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot