Teen falls hiking Mount Timpanogos
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah County Sherrif’s office says an 18-year-old girl fell hiking Mount Timpanogos this morning. For several minutes she was unconscious.
As of 11:00 a.m. today the 18-year-old is responsive and talking says Sgt. Spencer Cannon with UCSO.
Ground search and rescue teams are on the scene and a medical helicopter was called.
“Those things can turn so quickly and even end up with tragic outcomes,” Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.
@UCSO_SAR spent several hours this morning helping an 18 year old woman off Mt. Timp after she fainted, hit her head, and was knocked unconscious. @Intermountain LifeFlight assisted and the woman was treated and released. This was SAR call #7 (now 8 total calls) from Fri-Mon.
— Utah County Sheriff (@UCSO) September 6, 2022
- 22-year-old man dies after fall in Neffs Canyon
- Two shot, two in custody after shootings at Utah Lake
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties