One man murdered at Salt Lake apartment
SALT LAKE CITY — An investigation into a domestic violence related homicide is underway after a man was shot at an apartment complex.
Police received information about a man who had been shot at an apartment located near 900 South 200 West. The information came in at around 12:06 this morning.
Upon arriving at the scene police confirmed one man had been shot with at least one bullet wound. After taking the man to the hospital for emergency medical care, he died. The victim has been identified at 27-year-old, Demetrius Omar Lateef Allen.
Allen was believed to have been visiting the shooting suspect, 21-year-old LaShawn Denise Bagley, as the two were in an alleged relationship.
According to a press release from the SLCPD, The victim had arranged to stay with Bagley and attend the Utah State Fair. After the fair the two went to a local bar where they got into an argument. When Allen went to retrieve his property from the apartment, shots were fired.
This is the 10th homicide in Salt Lake City in 2022.
Detectives have booked Bagley into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of Murder and Felony Discharge of a Firearm.
- Utah County Sheriff’s Office issue shelter in place while searching for suspect
- Man who ran over wife in Salt Lake City International Airport sentenced
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County