One man murdered at Salt Lake apartment
SALT LAKE CITY — An investigation into a domestic violence related homicide is underway after a man was shot at an apartment complex.
Police received information about a man who had been shot at an apartment located near 900 South 200 West. The information came in at around 12:06 this morning.
Upon arriving at the scene police confirmed one man had been shot with at least one bullet wound. After taking the man to the hospital for emergency medical care, he died. The victim has been identified at 27-year-old, Demetrius Omar Lateef Allen.
Allen was believed to have been visiting the shooting suspect, 21-year-old LaShawn Denise Bagley, as the two were in an alleged relationship.
According to a press release from the SLCPD, The victim had arranged to stay with Bagley and attend the Utah State Fair. After the fair the two went to a local bar where they got into an argument. When Allen went to retrieve his property from the apartment, shots were fired.
This is the 10th homicide in Salt Lake City in 2022.
Detectives have booked Bagley into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of Murder and Felony Discharge of a Firearm.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis