Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A police officer received medical treatment and has been discharged from the hospital after a police officer-involved shooting overnight that left one person dead.
According to South Salt Lake Police Executive Officer, Danielle Croyle, officers were called with reports of a man with a gun in the early morning hours.
“As officers approached the area of 400 E. Robert Ave. an exchange of gunfire occurred,” said Croyle. “There were two South Salt Lake Police Officers involved.”
Croyle stated that one officer was taken to an area hospital in stable condition. The other officer was unharmed and is assisting with the investigation.
The area located near 400 E. and 2400 S., is being treated as an active scene and the road will remain closed while the investigation is underway.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
- Officer-involved shooting in northern Utah sends suspect to hospital
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s