CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
Sep 27, 2022, 5:53 AM | Updated: Apr 21, 2023, 9:36 am
(Adam Small. KSL NewsRadio)
SALT LAKE CITY — A police officer received medical treatment and has been discharged from the hospital after a police officer-involved shooting overnight that left one person dead.
According to South Salt Lake Police Executive Officer, Danielle Croyle, officers were called with reports of a man with a gun in the early morning hours.
“As officers approached the area of 400 E. Robert Ave. an exchange of gunfire occurred,” said Croyle. “There were two South Salt Lake Police Officers involved.”
Croyle stated that one officer was taken to an area hospital in stable condition. The other officer was unharmed and is assisting with the investigation.
The area located near 400 E. and 2400 S., is being treated as an active scene and the road will remain closed while the investigation is underway.
- Officer-involved shooting in northern Utah sends suspect to hospital
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers