University of Utah Health among the nation’s top 10 for 13th year in row
SALT LAKE CITY — University of Utah Health is ranked in the top 10 of the nation’s 2022 Vizient Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award as announced Thursday by the university.
It marks the 13th consecutive year that U of U Health has made the top 10 list.
U of U Health made the top 10 list out of 650 participating hospitals from around the country.
“Organizations do not achieve. It is the people in organizations who are responsible for accomplishments,” said U of U Health CEO Michael Good, M.D in a news release. “Thanks to our teams’ hard work and dedication to excellent patient care, this honor distinguishes the people who make U of U Health a top health care institution in the country, as some of the best in the nation.”
Participating hospitals were ranked based on the quality of patient care in safety, mortality, effectiveness, efficiency, patient-centeredness and equity.
In addition to making the top 10 list, U of U Health also ranked sixth nationally in the Vizient’s Ambulatory Care Quality and Accountability Awards. This is the eighth consecutive year that the U of U has made the top 10 list in this category.
“Our team members have the opportunity to care for people when they are most vulnerable, and they do so with expertise, care, compassion, and patience,” says Dan Lundergan, CEO of University of Utah Health Hospitals & Clinics in a news release. “We are proud of these awards. But only because they are evidence that if we focus on exemplary work first, the accolades follow as an acknowledgment of our commitment to doing the right things for our patients.”
- U of U Health says contraception need higher for both women and men in the wake of Roe decision
- U of U Health discovers cell characterization in vaping cases
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- AEGIX Aim: Could this app be helpful during a school shooting?