13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A 13-year-old boy was run over by a car while crossing a crosswalk on his bike yesterday. The boy was taken to the hospital for his injuries and is now in stable condition.
Bountiful Police Chief Dave Edwards said the 13-year-old was hit on a crosswalk near 500 East 2600 South in Bountiful around 3:00 p.m.
Edwards said a car had been turning as the boy entered the crosswalk. The car then hit and ran over the 13-year-old.
The boy sustained multiple injuries, including a collapsed lung and broken ribs, and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
According to Edwards, the driver of the car stayed on the scene and was “extremely distraught.” The driver is cooperating with police and authorities do not suspect the driver of impairment or distraction.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71