CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Warrant for a burglary suspect in Richfield turns into drug bust
RICHFIELD, Utah — What started as a search warrant for stolen items from a Richfield man’s car, ended as a large-scale drug bust and seizure of several illegally owned weapons.
The victim blamed the burglary on the fact that he didn’t lock his car. Police found no signs of forced entry on the car.
Someone stole a toolbox, speaker and an iPhone from the victim’s car on Sunday. The victim was able to ping the location of his phone, resulting in a potential suspect’s address.
The police got a search warrant for the address on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
According to an affidavit of arrest, upon entering the home, police detained the suspect, 41-year-old Jeffery Stephen Daniels.
Immediately following, police found a syringe of what appeared to be heroin in Daniels’s front pocket.
Along with the discovery of the victim’s toolbox, police found more than 10 illegally owned guns and several drugs and paraphernalia throughout Daniels’s house.
Besides the used and loaded syringes of heroin, police found ziplock bags of crystal meth, a Sevier County EMS bag of medication and tools, Adderall, Ritalin, muscle relaxers, pain relievers, anabolic steroids and narcotics.
The police arrested Daniels on felony charges without bail as they believe his release would cause danger to individuals.
- Man in custody following alleged stabbing at Pioneer Park, police say
- Body found in Washington County identified
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date