Crash in St. George leaves one man dead
Oct 30, 2022, 5:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:23 am
(Utah Highway Patrol)
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A man is dead following a crash involving a car and a motorcycle Saturday night.
Utah Highway Patrol reports the crash occurred on SR-9, near milepost six, at around 9:23 p.m.
The motorcyclist was traveling at “excessive speeds” and “cutting in and out of traffic,” according to UHP. Following this, he crashed into the rear of a black Nissan Versa.
This caused the motorcyclist to be thrown from his vehicle into the westbound lane. Along with this, the motorcycle slid into the shoulder of the westbound lane and burst into flames.
UHP says the motorcyclist was taken to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries.
No injuries from the Nissan Versa were reported.
UHP is investigating excessive speed and reckless driving as contributors to the crash.
- Motorcyclist dead following collision in Sandy
- Crash in Millcreek leaves motorcyclist in critical condition
- Motorcyclist dead after fatal collison in Roy, investigation continues
- Head-on car crash on SR-45 kills one person Saturday night
- ‘Make smart choices,’ families of teens killed in car crashes say