Crash in St. George leaves one man dead
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A man is dead following a crash involving a car and a motorcycle Saturday night.
Utah Highway Patrol reports the crash occurred on SR-9, near milepost six, at around 9:23 p.m.
The motorcyclist was traveling at “excessive speeds” and “cutting in and out of traffic,” according to UHP. Following this, he crashed into the rear of a black Nissan Versa.
This caused the motorcyclist to be thrown from his vehicle into the westbound lane. Along with this, the motorcycle slid into the shoulder of the westbound lane and burst into flames.
UHP says the motorcyclist was taken to an area hospital, where he died from his injuries.
No injuries from the Nissan Versa were reported.
UHP is investigating excessive speed and reckless driving as contributors to the crash.
- Motorcyclist dead following collision in Sandy
- Crash in Millcreek leaves motorcyclist in critical condition
- Motorcyclist dead after fatal collison in Roy, investigation continues
- Head-on car crash on SR-45 kills one person Saturday night
- ‘Make smart choices,’ families of teens killed in car crashes say
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station