Ski season starts this week
Nov 1, 2022, 9:30 AM | Updated: 1:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Brian Head Resort announced they will be the first to open this season. Skiers and snowboarders near Cedar City, can enjoy a long season as Brian Head opens Nov. 4.
This is after all the snow last week and more expected in the next couple of days. The resort, located near Cedar City boasts the highest elevation of the Utah resorts.
The resort isn’t just the first to open, they are also a bit early as most other resorts haven’t even announced an open date.
Of those who have, the earliest opening date is Nov. 18 for Alta, Park City, and Solitude Resorts.
To check out opening dates and snow reports for Utah’s ski resorts, visit skiutah.com.
- Snow this weekend, is ski season in Utah almost here?
- Little Cottonwood Canyon’s proposed gondola would be different from ski gondolas
- Skiers rejoice! Most ski slopes in Utah set to open soon
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Sandy police and fire respond to near drowning of infant
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers