Ski season starts this week
Nov 1, 2022, 9:30 AM | Updated: 1:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Brian Head Resort announced they will be the first to open this season. Skiers and snowboarders near Cedar City, can enjoy a long season as Brian Head opens Nov. 4.
This is after all the snow last week and more expected in the next couple of days. The resort, located near Cedar City boasts the highest elevation of the Utah resorts.
The resort isn’t just the first to open, they are also a bit early as most other resorts haven’t even announced an open date.
Of those who have, the earliest opening date is Nov. 18 for Alta, Park City, and Solitude Resorts.
To check out opening dates and snow reports for Utah’s ski resorts, visit skiutah.com.
- Snow this weekend, is ski season in Utah almost here?
- Little Cottonwood Canyon’s proposed gondola would be different from ski gondolas
- Skiers rejoice! Most ski slopes in Utah set to open soon
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases