SLCPD joins other Utah agencies on TikTok
SALT LAKE CITY — Maybe the last person you expect to see on your TikTok feed doing trendy dances or making recipe videos is the same person seen driving a police cruiser.
However, Salt Lake City Police Department has joined the video app with the hope to educate and inspire.
The police department’s official tag is @SLCPD. And community members can familiarize themselves with the staff in their first video.
According to a press release, in addition to showing off their funny personalities, SLCPD will also use the platform as a way to hire recruits.
SLCPD isn’t the first agency to adopt the use of TikTok. Since the increasing popularity of the app, Utah agencies like the Utah Department of Transportation, the Utah Department of Public Safety, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, and even Utah’s Gov. Spencer Cox along with dozens of others use the app to spread information.
Community members can use the platform to connect with Utah agencies and consume safety tips in a more lighthearted way.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville