Brighton Resort to open for ski season on Friday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Brighton Resort will open the 2022-23 ski season on Friday.
According to a news release, the resort has received roughly 60 inches on snow since Oct. 22.
“Early season snowfall and low temps allowed us to set up the mountain pretty early in the season this year,” said Jared Winkler, director of marketing for Brighton Resort in a news release. “We estimate that between 50 and 200 snowboarders and skiers have been coming up here every day since the first big storm of the season a few weeks ago.”
Once open, the lifts at Brighton will be open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is expected that Crest Express will open in the near future, according to the news release.
Adult lift tickets can be purchased for $80 and groom tickets being available for $55.
In all honor of Veterans Day, the resort is offering free skiing or riding to all military members and veterans on Friday.
According to the news release, night operations at the resort are scheduled to begin on Dec. 12.
For a list of opening dates of other ski resorts around the state, click here.
- Brian Head Resort to open for ski season on Friday
- Snow this weekend, is ski season in Utah almost here?
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville