Canyoneering guide dead after climbing accident in Moab
MOAB, Utah — A female Canyoneering guide out of Salt Lake City died following a climbing accident on Saturday around 2 p.m.
Grand County first responders say that 21-year-old Emmalynn Herbstritt was unresponsive when they arrived. Herbstritt was later pronounced dead on the scene.
The accident took place at the Morning Glory Arch in Moab.
Grand County sheriff office deputies, search and rescue members, Grand County EMS, National Park Service Rangers, and BLM Rangers all responded to the accident.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans