OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Canyoneering guide dead after climbing accident in Moab
Nov 13, 2022, 12:00 PM
(Photo courtesy of Utah.com)
MOAB, Utah — A female Canyoneering guide out of Salt Lake City died following a climbing accident on Saturday around 2 p.m.
Grand County first responders say that 21-year-old Emmalynn Herbstritt was unresponsive when they arrived. Herbstritt was later pronounced dead on the scene.
The accident took place at the Morning Glory Arch in Moab.
Grand County sheriff office deputies, search and rescue members, Grand County EMS, National Park Service Rangers, and BLM Rangers all responded to the accident.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Lawyer: Trump indicted; 1st ex-president charged with crime
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes