CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
One person killed in a single vehicle crash in Logan
Nov 14, 2022, 7:00 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:22 am
(Spenser Heaps, Deseret News)
LOGAN, Utah — One person died in a single-vehicle crash Monday morning in Logan, according to police.
Logan police say that a white SUV was spotted upside down in the Logan River by a jogger around the area of 1600 E. Canyon Road at 11 a.m.
According to a news release from Logan police, as emergency personnel arrived on the scene, two bystanders were attempting to get the victim up the embankment. Life-saving efforts were performed on the female victim before she was transported to Logan Regional Hospital. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Emergency personnel searched the vehicle and a portion of the river to ensure there were no other victims. According to the news release, no other victims were found.
Police say the SUV was traveling eastbound. It then drifted to the right and drove down the embankment into the Logan River. It came to a rest upside down.
Police say it is not known how long the vehicle was in the river before it was discovered.
The identity of the victim in the Logan crash has not been released.
- Woman dies in Logan after being hit by cement truck
- Two sent to hospital in ATV/Razor accident up Logan Canyon
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows