West Valley hit-and-run victim identified
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police asked the public for help seeking a suspect involved in a fatal West Valley hit-and-run on Monday. The West Valley City Police Department identified the victim as 39-year-old Joel Lewis on Tuesday.
An unknown driver struck and killed Lewis on Monday night while crossing 7200 West at 3245 South in West Valley City.
The car involved was traveling northbound when the accident occurred and then fled the scene.
FATAL HIT & RUN: a 39yo man has died after he was hit while crossing 7200 W at 3245 S. The suspect vehicle, which was traveling NB did not stop. The victim died at the scene. Investigators are gathering evidence & looking for witnesses. Anyone with info please call 801-840-4000. pic.twitter.com/AiicFyoi2u
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) November 15, 2022
According to a statement from WVCPD released via Twitter, authorities continue to gather information and actively look for witnesses to come forward.
By Tuesday morning, when WVCPD identified Lewis, authorities were still investigating the case and looking for additional information.
The WVCP asked anyone with information about the West Valley hit-and-run to contact authorities at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Colorado gay club shooting suspect charged with hate crimes