Thousands of travelers expected to pass through SLC airport this holiday
SALT LAKE CITY – The Salt Lake International Airport is getting ready for some of it’s largest crowds of the year.
The airport expects to see over 30-thousand passengers pass through their gates daily and a lot more making connecting flights.
The airport asks that people check their flight status before leaving for the airport. For those picking up people, the airport recommends using the park and wait lot until the person getting picked up is leaving the terminal with their bags.
For those planning to leave their car, they can reserve airport parking in advance at slcairport.com/parking. A number of parking options and rates are available.
According to upgradepoints.com, Utah travelers will need to arrive about 2 hours and 17 minutes early in order to get to their flight on time. The Salt Lake airport is listed as the eighteenth busiest airport in the US.
The airport projects the busiest travel days for the holiday season to be Thursday, Dec. 22, Friday, Dec. 23 and again on Monday, Dec. 26.
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high