Pilot hospitalized with “minor injuries” after crash in remote Rich County
Jan 25, 2023, 8:41 AM
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — A female pilot was taken to the hospital but is “in good health” after a small plane crashed in a remote area in Rich County on Tuesday evening.
Weber County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Mark Horton said Weber County dispatch got a report of a plane crash east of Ogden around 7:45 p.m. Search and rescue and emergency responders from Weber and Rich counties began the search on snowmobiles and a snowcat.
Two helicopters — a medical helicopter and a Department of Public Safety helicopter — were dispatched to the area but at first were unable to make it to the location due to bad weather.
Eventually, the state helicopter found a path to the crash site that was in “a very remote spot” and picked up the female pilot who had sustained minor injuries, Horton said.
The pilot, who had sent a third party a message alerting them to the crash, was “in good health” but was transported to an Ogden hospital as a precaution, he said.
Please read the entire story at KSL.com.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade