RACE, RELIGION + SOCIAL JUSTICE
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints new temple location
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced today its Brazil Temple location.
Nearly 1.5 million Latter-day Saints reside in Brazil in over 2,100 congregations.
“The Vitória Brazil Temple will be built at Avenida Leitão da Silva #2055, Iteraré, Vitória-ES. Plans call for a one-story temple of approximately 10,600 square feet. First announced by Church President Russell M. Nelson in October 2021, this temple will be the city’s first,” said the Church Newsroom webpage.
Missionary work first began in Brazil in 1928. Currently, there are 18 houses of the Lord in Brazil.
Dedicated temple locations include Belém, Campinas, Curitiba, Fortaleza, Manaus, Porto Alegre, Recife, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo; two under construction in Brasília and Salvador; and others announced in Belo Horizonte, Londrina, Maceió, Ribeirão Prêto, Santos, and São Paulo East.
“Making promises to God in temples is an important act of worship for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Many of these houses of the Lord are being built around the world. The location of the Vitória Brazil Temple was released today. The Vitória Brazil Temple will be built at Avenida Leitão da Silva #2055, Iteraré, Vitória-ES. Plans call for a one-story temple of approximately 10,600 square feet. This will be the city’s first temple,” said a Twitter account that provides quotes for members of the Church.
New location pictured above.
Bonneville International Corporation, the company that owns KSL NewsRadio, is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, which is owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Church announces site of temple in Spain; work on Mexico temple begins
- Church announces Anchorage Alaska Temple reconstruction
- San Juan Puerto Rico Temple dedicated last Sunday
- LDS announces sites for three previously announced temples
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- US-89 in Logan Canyon closed due to fatal accident
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Seven Canyons Fountain will be ‘reimagined’ into dry art feature
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky