Utah Water Watch update: what locations still offer sand bags?
SALT LAKE CITY — Spring runoff is on its way. Currently, cities are warning against flooding and offering sand bags as a way to prevent water movement.
In order to stay ahead of Utah’s record high snow totals and water, Public Work’s offices are offering a way to be proactive by offering sand bags.
In some instances, Utah school districts are getting involved:
March came in like a lion, for sure. #Canyons‘ Facilities crews spent the morning filling sandbags to be prepared in the event of flooding. Given the record amount of snow pack, CSD has made plans to quickly respond to flooding at any Canyons campus. #canyonsstrong pic.twitter.com/ArUKVd8Rqb
— Canyons District (@canyonsdistrict) March 15, 2023
For others along the Wasatch Front, here is an updated list of where you can find sandbags and fill stations.
- Cache County Sheriff’s Office, 1250 West 200 North in Logan.
- Draper City, Andy Ballard Arena, 1600 Highland Dr. Fill station is open 24 hours but requires your own shovel.
- Harrisville City Public Works, 1350 North US 89.
- Hyrum City, 600 East 75 North.
- North Ogden Public Works, 165 East Lomond View Dr.
- Salt Lake City, Department of Public Utilities, 1530 South West Temple in SLC (limit 1o). New bags are replenished every morning and it is first come first served.
- Salt Lake County Sandbag Shed, 604 West 6960 South.
- Springville, Canyon Road trailhead, Community Park, and the Fieldhouse (old pool).
- St George Rescue Center, 575 E. Brigham Road. Fill station is available for larger orders but pre-filled sand bags are also available.
- Tooele City, multiple locations.
- Wasatch County Public Works, 1891 West 3000 South. Fill bags stations are open, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wellsville City, 200 South 400 West.
- Lawmakers’ 2023 efforts to address water, drought and Great Salt Lake
- Thanks to exceptional winter, Utah inches out of “exceptional” drought
- Nonprofit asks skiers to dispose of environmentally unfriendly ski wax
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Auto-motorcycle crash sends one to hospital, causes TRAX delays
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- Elk relocation and sections of I-80 closure
- Spanish Fork Holi Festival of Colors, coming soon
- At least 13 dead after magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes Ecuador
- Man stranded in Warner Valley slot canyon is in serious condition
- Moab takes ‘a big step’ with launch of its 1st transit service
- Bonneville High School auto mechanics program named best in country
- Beating the Monday blues and the Sunday scaries