SALT LAKE CITY
Fire burns three buildings near Salt Lake City’s Kilby Court
May 7, 2023, 9:46 AM | Updated: 12:33 pm
(Ivy Ceballo, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Fire Department is investigating a fire that burned three buildings near Kilby Court overnight Saturday.
Caught a glimpse of it! pic.twitter.com/71wVmvcdf6
— Chaison (@chaison_leavitt) May 7, 2023
Battalion Chief Dan Walker says the initial fire was at 740 S Kilby Court, and then two other buildings on either side also caught fire.
“There were no injuries…no one was displaced, all three buildings were considered vacant,” he said.
The building is said to be a former residence. The concert venue is directly east of the fire, but it was not involved.
Chief Walker says a Gold Cross ambulance crew was driving by and called it in. The structure was fully engulfed in flames when fire crews arrived.
- Provo Fire and Rescue practices swift water rescue techniques in Provo River
- Spring runoff feeding fire fuel, but well-placed rain showers will help
- Fire at Avenues apartment contained, no injuries reported
- Firefighters use meme humor to encourage clearing hydrants
- Park City Fire Department reminds homeowners to check for snow and ice buildup
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart