UTAH FLOOD WATCH
Red Cross is helping as flooding hits Logan trailer park
May 17, 2023, 5:38 PM
(Kristin Murphy, Deseret News)
LOGAN, Utah — The American Red Cross is working right now to help Logan residents after a trailer park flooded.
The Blacksmith Fork River is flooding the trailer park, leaving those who live there with nowhere to go.
Elishia Ruesch, who lives in the park, says she woke up yesterday to knee-deep water underneath her RV.
“The whole RV park was pretty much underwater,” she told KSL NewsRadio. “Nobody that lives in here has anywhere to go, not one of us. We’ve all been trying to figure out what we’re supposed to do.”
Furthermore, the city of Logan says that utilities were shut off for safety reasons due to the water level.
This has caused a lot of worry for residents like Ruesch who relies on oxygen and needs power for her medical needs.
“We’re paying rent, but we’re homeless basically,” Ruesch says.
Michael Smauldon with the Red Cross says they’re helping those with dire needs right now. Also, he says that Red Cross is prepared to help Logan residents and anyone else who is displaced by flooding over the next few months.
“If a situation like that occurs, we have a team in place to be able to start those evacuation procedures,” he told KSL NewsRadio.
For more information on how to get help, click here.
More on flooding in Utah:
- Extending state flooding emergency, firearm restrictions, among topics for Utah special session
- Why Utah’s flooding, landslide risks are beginning to pick up again
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful