New RNC chair getting more attention
The new chair of the Republican National Committee has a familiar name, and she is standing firmly behind President Trump, even though her uncle once called the president a “phony.”
Ronna Romney McDaniel is the first woman chair of the RNC in a generation.
Her uncle grandfather ran for president, her mother and grandmother ran for senate.
CNN featured her new job in Washington DC while her husband and children live back home in Michigan.
“This is an opportunity to support our president. I think any working woman, it’s not unique to me, balance is tough,” she said.
Romney McDaniel told Fox News that she wants to see the investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia to come to an end.
She says the RNC will defend the president because it is the political arm of the White House.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- The countdown is over… what does Training Table have cooking up?
- Million dollar traffic stop in St. George
- 5-year-old hit while riding bike on path to recovery, gets a special visitor
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- Uvalde schools suspend entire police force after outrage
- Zion National Park announces Fat Squirrel Week… it might not be what you think