New RNC chair getting more attention
The new chair of the Republican National Committee has a familiar name, and she is standing firmly behind President Trump, even though her uncle once called the president a “phony.”
Ronna Romney McDaniel is the first woman chair of the RNC in a generation.
Her uncle grandfather ran for president, her mother and grandmother ran for senate.
CNN featured her new job in Washington DC while her husband and children live back home in Michigan.
“This is an opportunity to support our president. I think any working woman, it’s not unique to me, balance is tough,” she said.
Romney McDaniel told Fox News that she wants to see the investigation into the Trump campaign and Russia to come to an end.
She says the RNC will defend the president because it is the political arm of the White House.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases