Police: 3 year old from Utah dies in hot car in Vegas
LAS VEGAS — The investigation continues Monday morning into a Utah toddler’s death. Police say he was left inside a hot car at a Las Vegas resort this weekend.
Police say 3-year-old Chase Lee, of Fillmore, was in the vehicle for more than an hour in triple-digit heat.
On Saturday, police were called to the Grandview on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Officials say the family of twelve came to the resort on vacation when the child went unaccounted for.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Read more from News3LV.
“Even at an outside temperature of 60 degrees, the temperature inside your car can reach 110 degrees,” the website states. “A child dies when his/her body temperature reaches 107 degrees.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library