11 year old flown to hospital after horse accident in Spanish Fork Fairgrounds
SPANISH FORK — An 11 year old girl was flown to the hospital this morning after police say she was thrown from her horse in the county fairgrounds.
Police Lt. Matt Johnson said the girl was competing in a 4H event at the arena when her horse reared and rolled on her.
The girl was conscious and crying when medics arrived, but Johnson said they decided to fly her to the Utah Valley Hospital just in case she sustained head trauma.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago