11 year old flown to hospital after horse accident in Spanish Fork Fairgrounds
SPANISH FORK — An 11 year old girl was flown to the hospital this morning after police say she was thrown from her horse in the county fairgrounds.
Police Lt. Matt Johnson said the girl was competing in a 4H event at the arena when her horse reared and rolled on her.
The girl was conscious and crying when medics arrived, but Johnson said they decided to fly her to the Utah Valley Hospital just in case she sustained head trauma.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Utah County announces first female chief investigator
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000
- In a world gripped by fear, marble racing proves welcome distraction
- 4 injured when SUV crashes into St. George In-N-Out
- ‘Senseless crime’: The victims of July Fourth shootings
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Driver overcorrected, flipped tour bus in crash that killed four near Bryce Canyon
- Utah students protest police in McCluskey case
- Mr. Werner Schoeck – Granite High School