Vauna Wilcock, Snowville Elementary
“Ms. Vauna as her students fondly know her has been teaching at Snowville Elementary for many years. Snowville Elementary is a small rural school which includes grades K-5. However there are only two teachers. Ms. Vauna has spent the last few years teaching grades 3, 4, and 5. Previously, she taught the K, 1, and 2 grade students. Teaching 3 grades is particularly challenging. Ms. Vauna tries to manage 3 different curriculums, training aides, being the PLC team leader, and managing behavior. Ms. Vauna does all of this and more. During the COVID shut down Ms. Vauna took her lawn chair out to the edge of the playground and met with a struggling student through the fence to help the student with math. This is only one of the many ways that Ms. Vauna demonstrates her love for teaching and her students. I have taught with Vauna Wilcock for many years and have admired her ability to connect with the students and the community. Ms. Vauna looks at data to determine the best way to meet the needs of her students. She often spends her prep time, lunch time, and break time helping a student understand concepts. Scheduling can be challenging when trying to meet the needs of three grades. She manages to meet the needs of each grade level and each individual student. Her students know that she cares about them and their futures. Ms. Vauna exemplifies a master teacher.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Median price of a home declined for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah?
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Utah man recovering from shark bite while swimming in Hawaii
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- Teens charged as adults in West Valley shooting death
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant