Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of four
MAPLETON — Police believe murder-suicide is behind the deaths of four people and a dog, found inside a Mapleton home overnight.
Officers responded to the home near 1500 North and S.R. 89 Thursday night after a neighbor reported the lights in the house had been off for days and yet none of the family vehicles had moved nor had the residents been seen. A local employer also told police one of the residents had failed to show up for work.
Eventually, officers removed a window to enter the home after getting no answer at the door.
Police have not released the names of the victims, but say they were a man, woman, teenage female and very young male, all dead from what appeared to be gunshot wounds. Police are working to notify next of kin and are continuing to investigate the deaths.
More details and resources for suicide prevention are available here.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs