Deadly hit and run in Cottonwood Heights
Officers working an auto vs ped fatality on Highland and Fort Union. It’s also a hit and run. Expect delays.
— CH Police (@CHPolice) January 2, 2018
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A person died Monday night after a hit-and-run crash at the intersection of Highland Drive and Fort Union Boulevard.
Police say the victim was in serious condition but died of the injuries soon after.
Few details were immediately available about the crash that happened between 7 and 8 p.m.
Police cordoned off the scene with orange traffic cones. A pair of white, low-top sneakers and a black ball cap could be seen on the asphalt.
Investigators late Monday were trying to figure out what type of car the suspect was driving.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District