Salt Lake International Airport adds new foreign airline to their ranks
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake International Airport announced a slew of new possible destinations for travelers now that a new foreign airline has joined their ranks.
Spokesperson for the airport, Nancy Volmer, said Aero Mexico joined on December 23rd but today their first non-stop flight from Guadalajara arrived in Salt Lake City.
Today @slcairport welcomed AeroMexico’s nonstop, daily service to Guadalajara. Mexico’s Midwest is now connected to a wide network of connections and destinations strengthened by its partnership with Delta. #Aeromexico #Delta pic.twitter.com/bPlLTFh5ku
— SaltLakeCityAirport (@slcairport) January 15, 2018
“We’re very excited about that. It’s nice to offer our passengers more variety in service,” Volmer said. “The service is opening up more connectivity to other cities within both the United States and Mexico.”
According to Volmer, the airport currently serves about 24 million passengers every year. They expect that number to grow if the economy holds.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Utah Naloxone and law enforcement reach milestone in preventing overdose deaths
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Power outage in Murray leaves 4,943 customers without power