Suspect escapes police car on I15
A brazen escape from the back of a police car on I15 led to a brief chase overnight Sunday into Monday.
Draper Police were transporting a 21-year-old man to jail, who was suspected of aggravated assault with a firearm.
Police say when they were on I-15 near 3500 South, the suspect broke the window of the police car and jumped out onto the freeway.
Police say he made it off the west side of the freeway about a half mile before officers caught up to him, used a Taser, and took him back into custody.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat