Utah Man Charged With Murder In The Stabbing Death of His Father
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Attorneys filed murder charges today against a man accused of stabbing his father multiple times.
Charging documents state Warren Richard Phelps, 38, admitted to stabbing his father in their apartment near 2700 S. and 300 East, after an argument about the television on May 19th.
Salt Lake District Attorney Sim Gill, said when police arrived Phelps told officers his father was likely dead.
“They located his body in the bedroom. He was dead on scene,” Gill said.
Gill said the Phelps told officers he argued with his father Richard Phelps, 65, through the man’s locked door. At some point he became so angry he went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife, kicked down the door and stabbed his father repeatedly.
“Law enforcement were, in fact, able to find a bloody knife in the kitchen,” Gil said.
Charges were filed today. Gill said he expects an arraignment in the next 24 to 48 hours.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Coronavirus Prevention
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- BYU study sees no advantage for either party in mail-in voting