Police respond to shooting in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY –Two people are sent to the hospital after a shooting that shut down an entire section of Redwood Road near 500 North.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) June 7, 2018
Police were already in the area when the shots rang out. They were investigating a different case of “shots fired” near along the Jordan River near 500 North.
“When they heard the shots, they came and noticed that it appeared someone forced entry into one of the residences here. When officers arrived, they found two victims,” says Salt Lake City Sergeant Brandon Shearer.
When the police arrived at the home, they saw two victims outside the building. Both were taken to the hospital, one in critical condition, the other in fair condition.
Shearer says officers got help from a witness who was in the area.
He says, “Another witness saw a vehicle that was involved flee from the scene. They followed that vehicle and ended up losing that vehicle at about 1700 North Redwood Road,” adding, “Officers were able to locate two suspects on foot in that area.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film