Unified police investigate homicide in Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified police say a man beat his estranged wife and their 13 year old daughter, resulting in the woman’s death. The girl is in the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray says neighbors heard screaming at 7:05 AM Wednesday at the Riverbend Apartments at 850 West 3900 South. Paramedics were unable to save her life.
They believe both victims were beaten with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect is 54 year old Walter Brantzeg. They say he called TV stations as he was leaving the scene, and officers pinged his phone and took him into custody near 4500 South and 300 East.
It appears Brantzeg was separated from his wife and they were in a custody dispute.
Help for people in abusive relationships can be found by contacting the YWCA’s Women in Jeopardy program at 801-537-8600, or the confidential statewide Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-897-LINK (5465). Resources are also available online at udvc.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Crash in Vernon closes Highway 36