Unified police investigate homicide in Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah — Unified police say a man beat his estranged wife and their 13 year old daughter, resulting in the woman’s death. The girl is in the hospital in extremely critical condition.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray says neighbors heard screaming at 7:05 AM Wednesday at the Riverbend Apartments at 850 West 3900 South. Paramedics were unable to save her life.
They believe both victims were beaten with a crowbar.
Police say the suspect is 54 year old Walter Brantzeg. They say he called TV stations as he was leaving the scene, and officers pinged his phone and took him into custody near 4500 South and 300 East.
It appears Brantzeg was separated from his wife and they were in a custody dispute.
Help for people in abusive relationships can be found by contacting the YWCA’s Women in Jeopardy program at 801-537-8600, or the confidential statewide Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-897-LINK (5465). Resources are also available online at udvc.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…