Murder charge filed in Moab shooting death
MOAB — Prosecutors have filed a murder charge in connection with a deadly shooting at a home in Moab early Sunday, and are now searching for that suspect.
Omar Guerro, who also goes by the names Martin Armento Verduzco Lopez and Irving Martin Armento, faces the first-degree felony charge in the death of 30-year-old Edgar Luna Najera.
Moab police responded to a fight at 250 Walnut Lane about 1 a.m. Officers say five people left the scene in a black SUV. That SUV was later found abandoned. Najera was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds.
Police say four of the five people who left the home were identified and questioned. There was no motive given for the shooting in charging documents.
Authorities say Guerro may have left Utah for Grand Junction, Colorado. He is wanted in connection with an aggravated assault in Denver earlier this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Bill introduced to keep teacher salary increases on pace with inflation
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting