Arrest made in burglary, lewdness case
LAYTON — Police say they have a man in custody as their suspect for a burglary and lewdness case from earlier this year.
Layton officers say a man broke into a family’s home and was recorded on a baby cam performing lewd acts while a baby slept in its crib and the baby’s mother was asleep in her bed.
At the time, Layton P.D. asked the public for help in identifying the suspect — but indicate they identified 28-year-old Jonathan Gonzalez as a person of interest early in their investigation.
They arrested Gonzalez Wednesday and booked him into the Davis County Jail on charges of burglary, lewdness, and lewdness involving a child.
Investigators don’t believe there are any other victims related to this case.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story
- Expert says to give bison their space and distance