Woman in critical condition after shooting outside bar
A woman is in critical condition after two men fired shots into a crowd assembled outside a bar.
Police were dispatched to Scallywags Bar at 3040 S. State St. around 1:00 AM Sunday morning on a “Fight/Shots Fired call,” said South Salt Lake Police Department public information officer Gary Keller. According to Keller, bar security escorted several patrons out of Scallywags and into the parking lot after a fight erupted inside the bar. Fighting began again in the parking lot when a glass was thrown. At that point, two men ran to a vehicle, retrieved a handgun and an assault rifle, and began shooting into a crowd gathered in the parking lot, Keller said.
A woman in the crowd was hit by gunfire and taken to the hospital in critical condition, Keller said. A man who was injured during the fight was also taken to the hospital in serious condition.
According to Keller, police have detained four individuals after stopping a vehicle that was leaving the bar. The investigation is ongoing.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing