U.S. Attorney for Utah announces three major drug busts
SALT LAKE CITY — U.S. Attorney for Utah John Huber announced three major drug busts Thursday. Hundreds of pounds are off the streets and millions of dollars are out of drug traffickers’ hands.
Meth, Heroin, Fentanyl, Crack Cocaine – pounds of the stuff seized between the three drug busts as part of years-long investigations. Huber says two of the cases involve trans-national criminal organizations.
“They take our cash, they exploit our addictions, and they fuel our crime,” says Huber.
Those organizations being Mexican drug cartels and smuggling rings from Honduras. Huber says the collaborative efforts between his office, the DEA, FBI, local police, and various task forces are making a huge dent in Utah drug crime.
Huber says, “A lot of our problems that affect our quality of life come from drug traffickers and what they bring to our society.”
Between the three cases, as many as 40 people were arrested yielding nearly 50 indictments.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans