U.S. Attorney for Utah announces three major drug busts
SALT LAKE CITY — U.S. Attorney for Utah John Huber announced three major drug busts Thursday. Hundreds of pounds are off the streets and millions of dollars are out of drug traffickers’ hands.
Meth, Heroin, Fentanyl, Crack Cocaine – pounds of the stuff seized between the three drug busts as part of years-long investigations. Huber says two of the cases involve trans-national criminal organizations.
“They take our cash, they exploit our addictions, and they fuel our crime,” says Huber.
Those organizations being Mexican drug cartels and smuggling rings from Honduras. Huber says the collaborative efforts between his office, the DEA, FBI, local police, and various task forces are making a huge dent in Utah drug crime.
Huber says, “A lot of our problems that affect our quality of life come from drug traffickers and what they bring to our society.”
Between the three cases, as many as 40 people were arrested yielding nearly 50 indictments.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake