Utah National Guard members come home after 10 month tour
SALT LAKE CITY — Family and friends packed Wright Air Base to welcome home the Utah National Guard’s 65th Field Artillery Brigade from a 10-month tour in the Middle East.
The soldiers were flown in on a chartered plane from the Sun Country airline.
Many of the small children holding American flags and signs barely remember their parents.
“Seeing my daughter for the first time in 10 months and not through a phone screen, she’s a real person. And my son, he was eight months when we left and now he’s walking,” said Captain Dallin Belnap.
The brigade was based in the United Arab Emirates and took part in Operation Spartan Shield, a security operation in the area.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings