Mr. Mike Kelly – Elk Meadows Elementary
Jordan School District Administration,
We would like to take some time and tell you about an exceptional teacher, Mr. Mike Kelly. Our contact with Mr. Kelly goes back a few years, but over the past year Mr. Kelly has went above and beyond what any parent could want for their child in a teacher.
Our daughter Tara was critically injured in a horse riding accident in March 2007. With a dismal diagnosis, Tara lay in ICU unconscious. Mr. Kelly contacted me by phone immediately when he learned that Tara was injured. He expressed his concern for Tara not only as her teacher, but also as her friend and was truly interested in her recovery. While we sat with Tara in the intensive care unit, you can only imagine our surprise as Mr. Kelly entered her family room only room. With tears in his eyes he visited with our family and wished Tara a speedy recovery. I knew when I met Mr. Kelly on that day what a wonderful teacher Riverton High School had. The story does not end here. Mr. Kelly continued to visit Tara in the hospital. I cannot express to you the healing that would occur with Tara after a visit from her favorite teacher.
When Tara was released from the hospital she was bound to a wheelchair and unable to attend school. It was Mr. Kelly who arranged for Tara’s home schooling, allowing us to concentrate on her physical needs. Again, Mr. Kelly stepped forward, volunteered and became Tara’s home school teacher. He visited our home with assignments to keep Tara on track to complete her junior year. He took the time to give her “all the latest” and made her feel like she was still included.
We are happy to say that Tara is nearing a complete recovery. It is due in part to Mr. Kelly, his encouragement and visits to Tara were healing. Tara has had struggles to get this far in school. Today, once again we find great admiration for Mr. Kelly. He has kept track of her credits, offered extra assistance, and gave support in helping Tara with her class work and reaching her goal to graduate from high school, even earlier than expected.
Please express our sincere gratitude for the education, friendship, and the support that Mr. Kelly has given. Riverton High School is truly blessed to have such a wonderful teacher in their school.
Enclosed is a photo of Tara attending physical therapy. Mr. Kelly is participating by keeping her wheel chair close, he is in it!!!!
Mike & Jodi Dahl
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding