Laurel Kwak – Providence Hall Elementary School
As a certified technical trainer and executive business coach, I have experienced my fair share of good and poor when it comes to education, training, and coaching. Please allow me to take a moment and share my thoughts regarding Laurel Kwak. For the first time in any of my four children’s elementary education, I can finally say I have met a teacher that has exceeded my every expectation. My son Justin was apprehensive about starting school and has been diagnosed as mild on the autism scale.
Ms. Kwak not only took the time to make Justin feel comfortable, she also helped him excel in reading, English, spelling, math, and social interaction. Through the passion she exudes for her job my son has learned about discipline, respect, kindness, fairness, equality, and trust. She has taken the class to far away places using their imagination, allowed the kids to explore the world of reading at a level that felt comfortable for them, and has personally shown each child the love and attention they deserve early in their schooling.
Her classroom is always bustling with activity and the children just love her immersive teaching techniques. I was personally assisting in the classroom as the children played fun memory games to learn all about the continents, where they are located, animals associated with each, and major landmarks! Mind you this was in a kindergarten classroom setting!
As a result of Ms Kwak’s explicit appreciation for arts, education, and passion for each child to excel, my son has been personally touched and could hardly wait to have Ms. Kwak as his teacher again next year. My wife and I dearly wish this could be the case as by far and bar none, Laurel Kwak is the greatest teacher we have ever encountered.
Her countless hours of preparation shine through in her polished lesson plan and her home bound communication with the parents was nothing less than exceptional. It will be a bittersweet day to see my son leave kindergarten, but I can have him hold his head up high knowing that Ms. Kwak truly made a difference and provided him with everything he needs to be prepared for his upcoming years of education.
-V. Lee Henson
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered