Wanda Bullard – Washington Elementary School
Wanda is an amazing teacher. She is a hard worker in her class. She is actively seeking new resources and planning activities. She made the switch from a middle school teacher to a kindergarten teacher about 6 years ago. How brave! She always has a smile and freely states how much that she LOVES kindergarten.
Wanda teaches at a Title 1 one school. Every year she has about 10 ESL students. She teaches a challenging curriculum and to a student population that has its own challenges. A few students in her class live at the Road Home, a homeless shelter. She has made conference appointments at the Road Home and has travelled there to make the appointments.
Wanda has a soft approach to teaching kindergarten. The children respond so well to her gentle but firm guidance. Older children that were in her class come and regularly visit. The children know the boundaries; they feel the love and guidance from her.
I have volunteered in her classroom. She is very creative and patient with these young learners. She has created a warm atmosphere in her classroom. The student work is constantly changing that is displayed on the walls.
Wanda has inspired me as a teacher. She has taught me things that have helped me create my own philosophy for teaching. I have seen the children bright eyes and attentive ears when she speaks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers