Teen killed in shooting identified, boy arrested in connection
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say they have arrested a 14-year-old in connection with the shooting and death of a 15-year-old this afternoon.
That 14-year-old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide, The shooting is, at this time, not believed to be intentional.
West Valley Police also tweeted the name of the 15-year-old who died, identifying him as Marquez Grajeda.
Multiple people were in the home, near 1350 West and 2320 South, at the time of the shooting. The house is believed to be the home of a friend.
A 14 year old male is in custody in connecting with the shooting death of 15 year old Marquez Grajeda. The 14 year old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide. It is suspected at this time that the shooting was not intentional. pic.twitter.com/C4EEamCYuZ
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 6, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Bill introduced to keep teacher salary increases on pace with inflation
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting