Teen killed in shooting identified, boy arrested in connection
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police say they have arrested a 14-year-old in connection with the shooting and death of a 15-year-old this afternoon.
That 14-year-old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide, The shooting is, at this time, not believed to be intentional.
West Valley Police also tweeted the name of the 15-year-old who died, identifying him as Marquez Grajeda.
Multiple people were in the home, near 1350 West and 2320 South, at the time of the shooting. The house is believed to be the home of a friend.
A 14 year old male is in custody in connecting with the shooting death of 15 year old Marquez Grajeda. The 14 year old has been booked on charges of negligent homicide. It is suspected at this time that the shooting was not intentional. pic.twitter.com/C4EEamCYuZ
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) February 6, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Sacheen Littlefeather, Native American activist and actress, dead at 75