Police looking for suspect after West Valley shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police are looking for a shooting suspect Tuesday morning after a man was shot four times last night on Benview Drive just off Bangerter Highway.
Police say that the man was shot after trying to intervene in an argument.
Lt. Justin Wyckoff says the victim reportedly saw the shooter arguing with some kids and went over to see what was going on at around 8:15 pm Monday night when the shooting occurred.
“He came over across the street to see what was going on and the shooter didn’t like what he was saying and pulled out a gun,” Wyckoff said.
The victim was shot four times where police say one shot grazed his head another was in his stomach and two were in his back.
The victim is said to be in serious but stable condition and is at the hospital. Police are still looking for the shooter.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs