Police looking for suspect after West Valley shooting
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — West Valley Police are looking for a shooting suspect Tuesday morning after a man was shot four times last night on Benview Drive just off Bangerter Highway.
Police say that the man was shot after trying to intervene in an argument.
Lt. Justin Wyckoff says the victim reportedly saw the shooter arguing with some kids and went over to see what was going on at around 8:15 pm Monday night when the shooting occurred.
“He came over across the street to see what was going on and the shooter didn’t like what he was saying and pulled out a gun,” Wyckoff said.
The victim was shot four times where police say one shot grazed his head another was in his stomach and two were in his back.
The victim is said to be in serious but stable condition and is at the hospital. Police are still looking for the shooter.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral