Police seeking “persons of interest” in Kearns murder
KEARNS — Unified Police have identified the man who died in a shooting in Kearns on Wednesday.
Police say the body of 34-year-old John Herman Tonga of Midvale was found in the front yard of a home at 4805 West and 4720 South. Detectives also found blood inside the home.
Police say another man showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound and is expected to survive.
Investigators are also now looking for three people they’re identifying as persons of interest in the case. They’ve also released surveillance video of two vehicles in hopes of getting more information.
Police have not released a suspected motive in the murder, that happened at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Unified Police at (801) 743-7000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide
- Sen. Romney touts safety of Utah elections, says he won’t run for president in 2024