Police seeking “persons of interest” in Kearns murder
KEARNS — Unified Police have identified the man who died in a shooting in Kearns on Wednesday.
Police say the body of 34-year-old John Herman Tonga of Midvale was found in the front yard of a home at 4805 West and 4720 South. Detectives also found blood inside the home.
Police say another man showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound and is expected to survive.
Investigators are also now looking for three people they’re identifying as persons of interest in the case. They’ve also released surveillance video of two vehicles in hopes of getting more information.
Police have not released a suspected motive in the murder, that happened at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Unified Police at (801) 743-7000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”