Police seeking “persons of interest” in Kearns murder
KEARNS — Unified Police have identified the man who died in a shooting in Kearns on Wednesday.
Police say the body of 34-year-old John Herman Tonga of Midvale was found in the front yard of a home at 4805 West and 4720 South. Detectives also found blood inside the home.
Police say another man showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound and is expected to survive.
Investigators are also now looking for three people they’re identifying as persons of interest in the case. They’ve also released surveillance video of two vehicles in hopes of getting more information.
Police have not released a suspected motive in the murder, that happened at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Unified Police at (801) 743-7000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A Black football player told another teen not to call him the n-word. He was ejected
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Gov. Cox proposes investment to protect, manage Great Salt Lake
- Emmett Till’s investigation closed, no justice for his family
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- Parents knowingly sent their child to school after they tested positive for Covid-19, 75…