Cyclist hospitalized after crash with UTV in Provo Canyon
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a crash involving a Utility Task Vehicle and a cyclist in Provo Canyon.
The crash happened on Saturday on the Alpine Loop where the UHP says the UTV was driving uphill when it collided with a group of cyclists traveling downhill.
Troopers said that witnesses had said that the vehicle had been seen driving aggressively, cutting corners and accelerating rapidly around corners.
UHP said the cyclist was wearing a helmet but was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition with “significant head, neck, and back injuries.”
Investigators say there’s evidence the UTV was not on the right side of the road as it came around the curve.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help