Cyclist hospitalized after crash with UTV in Provo Canyon
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a crash involving a Utility Task Vehicle and a cyclist in Provo Canyon.
The crash happened on Saturday on the Alpine Loop where the UHP says the UTV was driving uphill when it collided with a group of cyclists traveling downhill.
Troopers said that witnesses had said that the vehicle had been seen driving aggressively, cutting corners and accelerating rapidly around corners.
UHP said the cyclist was wearing a helmet but was airlifted to the hospital in critical condition with “significant head, neck, and back injuries.”
Investigators say there’s evidence the UTV was not on the right side of the road as it came around the curve.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love