Man charged with murder of woman after camping trip together
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Nephi man has been charged with the murder of a woman whose naked body was found on a hillside in western Utah.
The Deseret News reports that 43-year-old Cody Alexander Young was charged Monday at a court in Juab County with manslaughter, a second-degree felony and tampering with evidence.
It was unclear Monday if he has a lawyer.
In October authorities found the body of 64-year-old Jan Pearson-Jenkins about a mile from where Young and Pearson-Jenkins are believed to have gone camping Oct. 4. Police say they were in “somewhat” of a relationship.
Pearson-Jenkins’ brother Jace Pearson told authorities Young sent him text messages the next day saying he and the woman had been in an argument and he allegedly left her in the Silver City/Eureka area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights