Man charged with murder of woman after camping trip together
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Nephi man has been charged with the murder of a woman whose naked body was found on a hillside in western Utah.
The Deseret News reports that 43-year-old Cody Alexander Young was charged Monday at a court in Juab County with manslaughter, a second-degree felony and tampering with evidence.
It was unclear Monday if he has a lawyer.
In October authorities found the body of 64-year-old Jan Pearson-Jenkins about a mile from where Young and Pearson-Jenkins are believed to have gone camping Oct. 4. Police say they were in “somewhat” of a relationship.
Pearson-Jenkins’ brother Jace Pearson told authorities Young sent him text messages the next day saying he and the woman had been in an argument and he allegedly left her in the Silver City/Eureka area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips