Police investigating apartment shooting that killed a woman
SALT LAKE CITY — A burglary in process lead to a shooting that resulted in the death of a woman on Saturday morning, Salt Lake City police say.
Dispatch received a phone call at 7:41 a.m. regarding a burglary in process, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer says.
Police were on route when the call was updated to “shots fired,” Sgt. Shearer says.
The burglary and shooting occurred at the Apartments on the Green at 1211 N. Redwood Road.
Police discovered a woman in an apartment that was suffering from a gunshot wound. First responders transported the woman to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Shearer said.
The police are investigating the scene for additional information about the shooting and the identity of the woman.
Police do not know the woman’s age nor name. Police are also working to determine if anyone lived in the home with her.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police. The number to call with information is 801-799-3000 or via their anonymous tip service.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour