Police investigating apartment shooting that killed a woman
SALT LAKE CITY — A burglary in process lead to a shooting that resulted in the death of a woman on Saturday morning, Salt Lake City police say.
Dispatch received a phone call at 7:41 a.m. regarding a burglary in process, Salt Lake Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer says.
Police were on route when the call was updated to “shots fired,” Sgt. Shearer says.
The burglary and shooting occurred at the Apartments on the Green at 1211 N. Redwood Road.
Police discovered a woman in an apartment that was suffering from a gunshot wound. First responders transported the woman to the hospital where she was pronounced dead. Shearer said.
The police are investigating the scene for additional information about the shooting and the identity of the woman.
Police do not know the woman’s age nor name. Police are also working to determine if anyone lived in the home with her.
Anyone with information is asked to call Salt Lake police. The number to call with information is 801-799-3000 or via their anonymous tip service.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Drive-in movie theaters could be here to stay!
- COLD season 2 announced: Justice for Joyce Yost
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Jewish leaders praise Entrata for building bridges after company founder sends anti-Semitic email
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties