Utah family has tree fall on car while camping in Oregon
CANNON BEACH, Oregon — A Utah family on vacation in the coastal Oregon town of Cannon Beach were woken up with quite the start over the weekend when a tree fell on their family van.
Shawn Snow, his wife and their five kids were visiting the Oregon coast when the tree came crashing down Saturday night. Snow says he and his wife were in the van and their kids were all in a tent about five feet away.
“We were actually totally asleep, and then I felt the car bouncing and shaking all over,” Shawn told KGW. “I thought somebody was outside the car, pranking us or something. I got out of the car, looked around, and almost went back in the car to go back to bed, and then somebody told us to look up, and there was a tree on the car.”
No one was injured.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Shoplifting leads to store closures
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman