Parts of Redwood shut down while police respond to barricaded suspect
SALT LAKE CITY — Portions of Redwood Road were shut down between 500 South and 800 South as police are responding to what they are calling a “barricaded subject” Tuesday Morning
— SLC School District (@slcschools) August 20, 2019
Edison Elementary is on lockout as a precaution since there was a line of sight towards the school but that the students were in no danger.
Det. Greg Wilking, SLCPD public information officer, said officers came to serve a warrant to the man, who is wanted for multiple drug and weapons felonies, at this residence.
Wilking said that when police showed up to serve those warrants, the man barricaded himself inside.
“This is an address that is known to us,” he continued saying that police have had prior dealing there where weapons were involved so they are taking their time to try and resolve this peacefully.
Timothy Gurule, 64, was taken peaceably into custody just before 10 AM where he was arrested on active felony warrants for weapons and drugs, new charges may be pending.
Timothy Gurule, 64, was taken peaceably into custody about 90 min after police were notified of his location at 547 S Redwood Rd this morning. He was arrested on active felony warrants for weapons and drugs, new charges may be pending. pic.twitter.com/a7YtwiEHkr
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) August 20, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead