A nine-year old girl suffered numerous bites and scratches in an attack by two dogs, police say.
The girl was riding her bike in an Eagle Mountain neighborhood when the alleged attack occurred on Wednesday afternoon.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office says two large dogs, identified as a Mastiff and Wire Terrier, knocked the girl to the ground a little after 4:30 p.m.
The attack continued for more than a minute, police say, when a nearby man chased the dogs away.
Another resident of the area came to help while the dogs remained in the area.
The child suffered “numerous bites and scratches on the front and back of her upper body and on her arms,” the police say.
One of the two dogs appeared to go back to where the girl was being treated by the two adults, according to reports.
The dogs allegedly went after another child also riding on a bike in the area. The second child was not injured, police say.
Deputies seized the two dogs. The dogs are being held at the North Utah Valley Animal Shelter.
The owners of the dogs were cited for “allowing an attack and “for allowing their dogs to run at large,” a police spokesperson says.
- Celebrities rally to send Quaden Bayles to Disneyland after bullying video goes viral (pageviews: 2162)
- Gym trainer arrested for recording females in changing room (pageviews: 2153)
- Site of Mackenzie Lueck murder up for sale... described as what? (pageviews: 1519)
- Mom of 2 missing Idaho children arrested in Hawaii (pageviews: 1300)
- Police: Body found in pipe near Target in Salt Lake (pageviews: 1270)
- BYU, other church universities update student honor code (pageviews: 748)
- Bloomberg to Utah: President Trump won last night's Democratic debate (pageviews: 693)